mardi 27 janvier 2009

LANCOME - ABSOLUE TEINT Revitalising Nourishing liquid foundation
RRP : £44.95

- What the promo says -
"The light, creamy texture of this skin-caring foundation blends in evenly to brighten your complexion, while giving an instant sensation of comfort that leaves your skin feeling velvety soft. It provides hydration and nourishment to help your skin regain the suppleness of its youth. Your complexion looks natural and even. It glows with absolute beauty!"

- Why I bought this product -
I have always had dry skin and, as the years go by this is not something that improves with age. My beautician took one look at my complexion and muttered something like, 'Well, Sarah, if you want to rescue your neck there is only one solution!' She is French....and honest! And, no, I do not want 'tortoise neck' quite yet, so I listened to her. Her remedy for this latter was Lancôme's NUTRIX, and, for my face, she recommended ABSOLUE TEINT. She told me that this foundation was 'magic', that it really did hydrate and nourish and, what is more, she said, 'It goes on like a dream!' At £44.95 (cheaper in France where I live) it had to be good, as this is far more than I would normally spend on a foundation.

- Packaging -
The foundation comes in a clear frosted glass pot that allows the colour to show through and it has an attractive gold lid with the Lancôme rose. It is quite heavy for travellers. The pot opens and closes easily and there is no danger of the lid deteriorating with time and frequent use. The product also comes with a small plastic disk containing a miniature spatula for application. My only critcism would be that I wish this was square as I have difficulty propping it on my bathroom shelf.

- Application -
My beautician was right...it goes on like a dream. Whilst it might seem 'a bit of a fag' to have to use the mini spatula each time, it is well worth doing so as, not only does it help to keep the product germ-free, it also serves to limit the amount of foundation used each time. You really do only need enough to cover the spatula to make up your whole face. Once you have applied small spots of the foundation on forehead, nose, cheeks and chin, you simply blend in with your fingertips.

- Texture/Consistency/Scent -
The texture is perfect. Not too watery and not too thick. It provides good coverage and is smooth and easy to blend. Good results in only minutes. It has virtually no scent, so does not interfere with your perfume.

- Longevity -
One application lasts all day and all evening. If you use the product as sparingly as suggested then a pot really does last a long time. I use a different colour foundation in the summer and I generally find that a pot of Lancôme lasts me the 'winter season' here in the South of France, which means around 4 - 5 months.

- Short term/Long-term effects -
Lancôme's claims for this product are fulfilled. My skin feels instantly smoother after application and the overall effect is a homogenous, glowing complexion. Long term I feel sure that my skin benefits from the moisturing effects all day long and, having once started to use this product, I am hooked. The combination of this and Lancôme's NUTRIX has made a visible difference to my skin and.....thank goodness....my neck! Thank you, Lydia, for recommending them to me.

-Value for money -
Despite being costly, I feel this product is worth it. It does what it claims to do and the pot lasts a long time. I like the fact that it is in an ordinary glass pot and not a pump action dispenser because I am able to get every last smidgeon of foundation out and none is wasted.

- Suppliers -
http://www.lancome.co.uk/
Boots
Debenhams



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire