mercredi 28 janvier 2009


GIVENCHY'S PRISMISSIME - 9 COLOUR POWDER COMPACT
RRP: £29.89
- What the promo says -
"A nine colour face and eye powder giving you a sensual and radiant complexion. There are two textures: one will unify the complexion and give you a matte finish whilst the glow texture highlights specific areas for a radiant, healthy shine.
Fine and light. Soft and easy to apply. Clings well to the skin : does not crumble or « polish »."
Available in two limited edition shades : maharani pink and maharani apricot.
- Why I bought this product -
...because I was sitting on a plane and trying to pass the time (and forget the fact that I was thousands of feet up in the sky in a heavy metal machine) and this is what I fancied from the 'duty free' booklet! I have never been a 'face powder' person and thought it was about time I tried to be like a 40s/50s filmstar. The combination of colours looked innovative and different to a normal face powder and I liked the concept of blending them to create a natural look.
- Packaging -
Hooray! Just for once, a beauty product comes in a box the size of what is actually inside! When the air hostess presented it to me, I thought, "Blimey, that's small!" but it was better than being given large box only to discover the product inside was that much smaller.
The compact itself is exactly that...COMPACT...and ideal for putting in your handbag..even a small one for going out in the evening. The container itself is a thing of beauty...the whole of the lid being taken up with the signature 'Givenchy' prism design in colourful, sparkly lettering on a black surround. The compact feels solid and chunky and is both practical and pretty. Inside the case is a two-tier system where you lift up the shelf containing the colours to reveal a wide, soft brush for application. There is a mirror in the lid. So much crammed into a small space and all very nifty!
- Application -
As easy as pie...and I love Givenchy's instructions. They dispense with unnecessary words and just have three small diagrams on the lid of the cardboard box. 1) How to open the tier system and reveal the brush, 2) Circular motion of brush across all the colours, 3) Application in wide sweeps to forehead and cheeks.
- Appearance -
I loved the colours and the sparkly effect when I opened the box. Once applied, the colours blend very well to give a light and natural dusting on the face that is evenly distributed with the brush. Subtle. The 'disco' side of me wished it sparkled on my face as much as in the box.
-Scent -
Love the smell...which is hard to describe but very pleasant and makes it a treat to put on.
-Longevity -
Lasts well during the day...but so much fun to put on that you will want to re-apply.
-Value for money -
Have only just started using this so am not sure how long it will last me. Watch this space and I will up-date.
- Suppliers -
Debenhams
Sephora
Harrods

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire