mardi 27 janvier 2009


L'ABSOLU ROUGE LIPSTICK - LANCOME

RRP: £17
"My Lips are quenched with sublime and reshaping colour."
-What the promo says -
"Drench your lips in hydration, nutrition and colour with this “rich-as-cream” formula that pampers lips with immediate and long-lasting hydration, leaving them supple, comfortable. In a range of luminous shades to shape lips in feather-proof colour and with a silky, satin finish for a deliciously hydrated look.. "
-Why I bought this product -
As with most cosmetics I buy, I was attracted to this product for its hydrating and nutritive qualities. I do not buy many lipsticks and am satisified with around two or three colours so I therefore tend to buy quality rather than quantity. I confess that when the girl in the shop told me that this was a hydrating lipstick, the cynic inside me said, 'Oh, yeh?' but I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and try it anyway. I wasn't disappointed.
-Packaging -
I like Lancôme's packaging...it is sturdy, classy and instantly recognisable. L'Absolu Rouge has a gold base and a tapered dark blue container with the Lancôme rose on the top. The lipstick opens and closes well and there is a good 'click' to hold both parts securely together when being jiggled around in your handbag. The lipstick stands well on a bathroom shelf.
- Application -
Glides on easily! The creamy texture slides over your lips leaving them nicely hydrated and glossy. The shaped tip is excellent for 'painting' your lips to begin with but, of course, as with all lipsticks the benefit of this is lost after continued use.
- Scent/Taste -
Very subtle. Pleasant to wear and to kiss (I am told!)
- Appearance and Texture/Consistency -
With a range of 35 colours to choose from you will certainly find one you like! The colours are good and two strokes across your lips will suffice. The colour and moisturing effect both last well and the overall effect is good. Lips do feel supple and comfortable. As for the re-shaping claim..I have never really tried to re-shape my lips so cannot say...I believe in following one's natural lipline. I am no Scarlett Johanssen and adding lipstick isn't going to change that!
- Longevity -
As stated above, both colour and hydrating effect are long-lasting. I find that one application lasts all morning. If you drink water or wine, your lipstick is not all removed instantly so there is some resistance....but I defy anyone to drink a hot chocolate and have anything on their lips afterwards! Obviously, eating a bag of chips and licking your lips removes it.
As for how long the product lasts, well I suppose it depends on how many colours you have and how often you re-apply your lipstick during the day. I only have two colours and these last me a couple of months. I am never seen without lipstick and always re-apply it after meals and so I guess this means I use it quite a lot.
**** SARAH'S HANDY TIP TO MAKE IT LAST! ***
When you buy a quality lipstick it is a shame to throw it away when the lipstick is not longer protruding from its case. There is still quite a lot of product left in there! When my lipsticks get to this stage they are no longer allowed out for trips in my handbag but are relegated to the retirement home of my bathroom. There I use a lipstick brush to apply lipstick in the mornings...until there is literally no product left. I get a few more weeks out of them this way.
-Short term/Long term effects -
This product really does hydrate your lips....not just when you first put it on but all the time you are wearing it. I don't go anywhere without it. Whale and dolphin watching on a boat....snowshoeing up a mountain...my lipstick is always by my side. It seems to both hydrate and protect the lips at the same time. Excellent! I have taken to using it instead of the revolting products they sell for lip sunscreen.
- Value for Money -
If you use it all.....good.
-Suppliers-
Debenhams
Boots



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire