samedi 28 mars 2009


RUSH HOUR -Instant Makeover for lips and cheeks - BENEFIT
£16.50


- What the promo says - "A 10 second makeover...it's a fresh and lively touch up for lips and cheeks...in a silky smooth sunberry shade...it's peppy on all complexions!" This is all that is written on the leaflet inside the box but there are more useful details (full of exclamation marks and very 'American') to be found on Benefit's website as follows: "THE instant makeover for lips & cheeks. It's low maintenance, oil-free & non-comedogenic makeup for the gal on the go. This sunberry color cream is your shade! Apply to cheeks, dot on lips-vroom, vroom...you're ready to go!
Tips and tricks: The twist-up slim-line design makes application mess-free and fast! Starting at the apple of your cheeks, apply rush hour using whisker-like strokes. Blend evenly with fingertips. Then dot on lips and you're gorgeous in a flash!"

- Why I bought this product - I have always felt that the cosmetics industry is a bit of a rip-off, making us buy this product for one part of our body and that product for another. Whilst I am aware that things like nail varnish can only have one use (!) I felt that powders and creams for eyes, face and lips could be used more imaginatively to save having to buy so many products. So, when I saw that Benefit were combining something for cheeks and lips I thought, "Hooray! At last someone is producing a dual purpose product."

- Packaging - I love Benefit's packaging. It is colourful and bright and often quite 'retro'. The 'Rush Hour' box has a glamorous gloved hand sporting a ring over the glove... holding the steering wheel of a car. Inside there is a slim gold lipstick style container in gold with black geometric patterns. Easy to keep in your handbag.

- Application - Just a few dots needed on the cheeks, blended in with the fingers...for a glowing effect. A quick dash over the lips and you are ready. Just the sort of thing you can do quickly in your rear view mirror when the traffic lights are red.

- Appearance/ Texture - Goes on well and is pleasant to apply. Lips are nice and glossy on initial application.

- Scent - Not aware of one.

-Short term / Long term effects - Appearance is good after initial application. The colour is good for my cheeks although, being blonde, I do find the lipstick colour a little dark for me. Application lasts well ...all morning at least. ...although being a fan of Lancôme's 'Rouge Absolu' I do not feel that this lipstick has such a good hydrating effect. I find my lips are feeling a little dry by the end of the morning. The colour lasts well...and when it does fade, it seems to cling to the outer edges of your lips which gives the effect of a lip-liner.

- Longevity - This is a product that I would have used much more in my 'former life' when I was dashing around going to conferences and meetings as a Headmistress. I think it is a brilliant idea to have something to touch up your make-up after a long journey when you are looking and feeling a little tired. My present life-style is not so 'rushed' and I have every opportunity to go and replenish make-up throughout the day whenever I want...so I cannot give a good idea of how long this product would last if kept in a handbag and used regularly but I think the general idea is a good one. Well done, Benefit.

- Value for Money - Product does what it says and is not too expensive compared to other quality lipsticks on the market. When you bear in mind that it is a blusher as well....! Good value.

- Suppliers - Sephora, Boots, House of Fraser
http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/









1 commentaire:

  1. I have found that multi-use products are often exactly as you say with this, not performing equally on all areas. Nars' multi-use stick is quite good, in that it serves as an excellent blusher and doesn't dry out your lips much, but it creases very poorly when used as an eyeshadow as instructed. It's pretty difficult for these companies to get these multi-use products just right I think.

    RépondreSupprimer